Interested in working in a fast-paced challenging environment with room for growth?
Calumet Carton Company is looking for hard-working, self-starters who are interested in joining our team as a General Laborers.
General Laborers support our manufacturing operations by effectively and safely feeding and/or packing cartons into corrugated cases produced on high speed gluing machines. During the feeding or packing operations, cartons must be regularly inspected to ensure the product meets customer specifications. Secondary functions including labeling corrugated cases, manually stacking sealed corrugated cases onto pallets, removing wastepaper from die cut pallets, housekeeping, material handling (non-motorized hand trucks), training newly hired general laborers, assisting the gluing operator and working as assigned.
Now Hiring Entry-Level General Labor Positions!
The ideal candidate must meet the following requirements:
- Minimum High School diploma or GED.
- Qualified applicants must be at least 18 years old.
- Minimum 2 years previous employment in manufacturing or warehouse.
- A mechanical aptitude or prior factory experience is preferred.
- Able and willing to work any and all production shifts (6am–2pm; 2pm–10pm, 10pm–6am)
- Able and willing to work all scheduled hours and overtime as required.
- Able to pass post-offer physical/drug screen which includes the ability to lift up to 60 pounds repeatedly.
- Must be able to stand continuously for 8 – 10 hours
- Reliable transportation
- Proper I-9 documentation.
Salary & Benefits:
- Hourly rate is $15.10 per hour; $.35 per hour shift differential for the 2nd shift; $.50 per hour shift differential for 3rd shift.
- The Company offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes: Vacation, 10 scheduled holidays per year, 2 personal days, Company subsidized medical and dental insurance for employees and their families.
- 401(k) Company-sponsored retirement plan
How to Apply:
- Applications can only be completed online.
- Please do not come into the office to apply.
- Applications are not accepted in person.
- Due to the volume of applications, status updates will not be given over the phone – please do not call.
- Please check your email for any communication.
To apply for this position or to consider other opportunities within our company click here!
Have questions, need a quote or want to request a sample? Call us at (708) 333-6521 and let us help you find the right solution for your next project.